Scorpio Quote Of The Day

Nov 13, 2008

Beit Alpha 2008

Scorpio sign appears on artist Judith Weinshall Liberman’s work titled: THE ZODIAC SERIES I, which was inspired by the 6th century mosaic floor wheel of the zodiac excavated at the synagogue in Beit Alpha, Israel.

Judith wrote to me:

I have completed my first Zodiac series (there will be more).  The series consists of 12 separate mixed media works, each one devoted to one of the signs.  I have arranged the 12 works in rectangular formation so you can get an idea what they look like when seen together.  The arrangement goes row by row from the top row to the bottom row, and each row begins at right so it is read the way Hebrew is read (right to left).   The top row represents spring (green), the second row represents summer (yellow), the third row represents fall (red) and the bottom row represents winter (blue). 

All Rights Reserved to Judith Weinshall Liberman 2008

No comments: