Michael Ladwein wrote in his book Leonardo Da Vinci, the Last Supper, 2006 ISBN 1902636759 that there were many interpretations relating the 12 apostles to the 12 signs of the zodiac, each author arranged them according to his own whim, like:
1. Bartholomew corresponds Aries
2. James the elder to Taurus
3. Andrew to Gemini
4. Judas to Cancer
5. Peter to Leo
6. John the Evangelist to Virgo
7. Thomas to Libra
8. James the younger to Scorpio
9. Philip to Sagittarius
10. Matthew to Capricorn
11. Thaddeus to Aquarius)
12. Simon to Pisces
Michael Ladwein wrote also that
1. The second-century Gnostic Theodotus was the first to suggest such a relationship.
2. A lamp found in Geneva dating to Early Christianity has the 12 apostles around a flame (the Sun, Jesus).
3. In medieval art and literature this association is frequent.
Picture was taken from Wikipedia (entry: Last Supper), and was uploaded by “Liberal Freemason”.
See Also my Last Supper stamps on Flickr